Continous bleep on start up.

Linkslade 20:43 13 Nov 13

Am trying to solve the above problem on my daughter's Medion P6618 laptop.In addition to the bleep The letter z on the keyboard is not working and she often sees a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz when typing in a program. Luckily it is the rarely used z, if it had been ab or c then it would have been much worse.

I have discovered that keeping the windows key depressed until boot up is underway silences the bleeping but am wondering if these two issues are related.

I have been inside and cleaned, checked connections,removed and replaced both ram but to no avail.

Any advice appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:14 13 Nov 13

Does sound like the key stuck down see here

Linkslade 21:56 13 Nov 13

Fruit bat,

Thank you for your reply.

I did remove and reinstall the keyboard but at the time did not think about replacement. I will go on Medion's website and see what's on offer.

Thanks again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 13 Nov 13

CAn you take it apart and clean it ?

surprising what a few crumbs or hairs will do.

Linkslade 09:14 14 Nov 13

Fruit bat

Yes I did that when I took it out. Will have a look on Medion's website.

Thanks again.

alanrwood 13:10 14 Nov 13

Don't just look on Medion's site, check eBay and Amazon. I have bought several for Sony and HP at 25% of the manufacturers price and never had a problem.

Linkslade 17:56 14 Nov 13

alanrwood,

Thanks for that tip.

Will give it a go.

Update.... the capital letter Q is on the blink now.

woodchip 17:59 14 Nov 13

I have a old Medion Laptop, it was made by Mitac

Parts click here

Linkslade 19:08 14 Nov 13

woodchip,

Thanks for your reply, but have decided to go for a new one I've just seen on flea bay. My only lingering doubt now is that I'm hoping it is the faulty keyboard that's causing the bleeping on start up.

rdave13 20:14 14 Nov 13

Not sure it should be called flea bay anymore as I've found lots of items cheaper on Amazon and other sites!

bumpkin 22:07 14 Nov 13

Not sure it should be called flea bay anymore as I've found lots of items cheaper on Amazon and other sites

Me too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…