Contents of IBM T23 Recovery disks

TomG 19:52 15 Sep 05

Hi

I have 2 recovery cds for an IBM T23 laptop. One is a bootable disk the other isn't. I presume the bootable one installs windows but whats the purpose of the second disc? There are no setup (etc) files on it?

GaT7 23:58 15 Sep 05

I cannot answer your question, but you may find what you're looking for in IBM's PDF manual 'Rescue and Recovery User’s Guide' - click here, or have a look at the Readme/Help/User Guide files that may be present on the CDs. G

TomG 17:05 16 Sep 05

Thanks Crossbow7 - I've had a look at the PDf and its for a different product - a program to creat rescue disks - these are the install disks (I think).

There isn't anything on the 2nd disk that helps either.

Strawballs 17:19 16 Sep 05

click here Try downloading this it might help

Chegs ® 17:31 16 Sep 05

On my Compaq "Restore" CD's there was 98se,and a mixture of drivers for the PC(sound/video,modem,etc)a few additional software apps(Microsoft Office Works/BT ClickFree/ISP details,etc)and the partitioning data(as it created a 2Gb hidden partition containing the HD image)I would imagine that your CD's have a similar arrangement.I did try extracting the files(only got the keyboard driver) for my PC as I suffered a perculiar failure,that removed the "Boot from CD" option,so had to use a standard 98se CD to install windows,then visit the Compaq site to d/l "SoftPaq"s (drivers) for the PC.It even flummoxed the Compaq engineer who tried to sort it under warranty.I eventually received a floppy from Compaq to circumvent the protection on these CD's.

TomG 18:12 16 Sep 05

Thanks Both

Looks like my 2nd CD is the same as yours Chegs - I suppose I could do a google on the file names to see what comes up (though might save that when I've finished watching the paint dry!)

Thanks both

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…