Contents of hard drive

exdragon 09:57 01 Oct 05

Hi - I'm trying to find out what is clogging up the C drive on my daughter's pc - could someone please remind me what is the programme which displays the drive with different coloured blocks for different folders/programmes?

I can't see what adds up to the usage of 19.5gb of a 20gb drive - that well known mental block has kicked in!

VoG II 09:58 01 Oct 05

This? click here

exdragon 10:11 01 Oct 05

Thanks - it certainly was something like that. I've downloaded it, but it says it's not verified - is it ok? Though I'm sure you wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't, but you know what it's like when you're doing things to someone else's computer!

VoG II 10:16 01 Oct 05

Yes it is perfectly OK.

exdragon 10:18 01 Oct 05

Thanks - I'll give it a go.

Diemmess 10:22 01 Oct 05

Probably quite safe.

The plodding way is to use something like CClean which will automate removal of piles of temporary internet files and other left over temporary files which you might not fell prepared to search for and delete yourself

exdragon 11:42 01 Oct 05

Thanks, chaps. I ran it and found they had lots of small stuff rather than something big - apart from a huge chunk of photos I'd put on since I came here on holiday!

I removed some progs they didn't need either - well, I don't think they need them! Good job I'm going home next week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…