contents of CD-RW different on different PCs

Halmer 19:46 12 Jan 04

I have recorded some files on a CD-RW.

When I explore the CD on my PC (XP) I see different files than the ones that I see in my son's PC (Windows ME).

Can someone be good enough to explian how this happens please. I was trying to transfer some photos on to my lad's PC via the CD but couldn't find them when I had put the CD in his drive.

Strangely though, some files which I thought that I had deleted accidentaly were still there (but they don't appear when I explore the disk on my PC)

R4 20:00 12 Jan 04

Sounds like a multisession Cd that was recorded with different Cd writing software for example part nero part easy cd.

or it could be that the pc's have different drivers active.

You might find it Easier to reproduce the CD part on your system and your 'lost' files on your son's system making sure you use the same CD writing software and version

Halmer 20:01 12 Jan 04

for both sessions R4

R4 20:29 12 Jan 04

Were the 'Old' lost file written on a different version ?

I had this problem when I upgraded Nero 5.1 to 5.5
,I appeared to lose files on the system that had 5.5 and could not see the version 5.5 files on 5.1. ... had the same troble with EasyCD

Try this prog to see if you can copy all the files to one of your systems and re write them :-click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…