Content Tab IE 6.0

CDL 17:05 13 Apr 04

I have 'lost' the Content tab on my IE6 Internet options.

Running XP Pro.

I'm sure it used to be there !

Any ideas ?

Eric10 22:22 13 Apr 04

This can be the effect of a policy having been applied or perhaps a corrupt registry key. Check this by going to Start, Run, typing MMC and clicking OK.

When the program opens go to File, 'Add/Remove Snap-in...' and click the Add button. Highlight 'Group Policies' in the list then click Add, Finish, Close, OK. Click the + to the left of 'Local Computer Policy' to expand the branch. Next expand 'User Configuration', 'Administrative Templates', 'Windows Components', 'Internet Explorer'. Highlight 'Internet Control Panel' and you should see a few options appear in the right-pane. Double-click 'Disable Content page' and you will see 3 radio buttons labelled 'Not Configured', 'Enabled' and 'Disabled'.

If 'Enabled' is checked then check either one of the others instead. On a system without any policies set it is normally 'Not Configured' that is set. If 'Enabled' isn't checked then I sometimes find that it helps to first check it and click Apply before checking 'Disabled' and Apply again. This can sometimes reset a corrupt Registry key.

CDL 00:45 14 Apr 04

Hello Eric 10 !

Magic ! that's sorted it. Much appreciate youer help.
thanks CDL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…