Content IE.5 Folder

Bradbury 10:31 07 Jun 03

Hi

I was looking to speed up my PC and I deleted some files in C:\windows\temporary internet files\content IE.5\sub-folders ealier in the week but now I notice that the folders are retaining files at an alarming rate. One has 34,000 files in it at present. I am worried as the problem seems only likely to get worse.
I do a lot of going from one betting screen to another and have not had a problem in doing this before.

Any ideas as to what I should do or what has gone wrong? Thanks

VoG™ 10:36 07 Jun 03

In Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab, scroll down to Security and tick "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed"

VoG™ 11:17 07 Jun 03

Via e-mail Thanks for the reply on Contents IE.5. It has stopped the problem getting any bigger now all I need to do is to get rid of the files that had built up on previous days.

Cheers

============

Tools/InternetOPtions and Delete files button.

For a thorough clean up click here - if you use this be sure to click on Options first or it will wipe a lot more than you bargained for!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…