contacts in windows mail

simmy3232 22:39 25 Jan 08

I have changed to vista and am using windows mail. In windows contacts, I organised my email addresses into folders, however, these folders do not appear when I call up addresses using the "To:" button in mail. In this view, it is just one long list again as if I have never oganised the addresses into folders. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for your help

MAT ALAN 22:49 25 Jan 08

click here

this may help...

simmy3232 20:08 26 Jan 08

thanks for this but no it didnt.......unless I havent understood something. What seems to be happening is that when I open mail, it does not seem to recognise the contacts folder that has now been organised into folders. It is as if the folders containing email addresses does not exist and presents all the emails as if they have not been organised.....

Scottiedogg 20:15 26 Jan 08

Hi Simmy.
I am assuming from what you have said that you have created folders WITHIN the Contacts folder? This will not work. The address lookup looks for (.wab) files in the contacts folder and will not see anything but - including folders. try moving your contacts into the root of the contacts folder and try again - this should solve the problem (Just means you can't divide your contacts into sub-files...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…