Contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Messenger

m800afc 06:54 20 Mar 08

Good Morning all,
Please can some kind soul explain to me, in very simple terms, how to import contacts from Outlook, into Windows live Messenger.
Cheers.

dogbreath1 10:23 20 Mar 08

Open Windows Live Mail(WLM)> Tools>Contacts>File>Import>Microsoft Office Address Book>Choose Profile Name (Allow Default = OUTLOOK)>OK.

The above works if Outlook & WLM are on the same PC.

Otherwise, Open Outlook>Files>Import/Export>Export To A File>Comma Separated Values>Contacts>Name The File & Choose A Destination (Eg. USB Pen Drive)

Then Open WLM>Tools>Contacts>File>Import>Comma Separated Values>Browse To USB Pen Drive>Choose The Contacts File & Import.

dogbreath1 10:34 20 Mar 08

Should've read the thread! Sorry mate, read as 'Windows Live Mail', not 'Windows Live Messenger'

dogbreath1 10:56 20 Mar 08

"This version of Messenger gives you easy access to your Live or Hotmail contacts, though you still can't import contacts directly from Microsoft Outlook into Messenger (you must first import them into Live Mail or Hotmail)"

click here

Apparently, the contacts list for Windows Live Mail is the same as that used by Windows Live Messenger, so, by accident, my original advice is correct!

m800afc 11:46 20 Mar 08

Dogbreath1
I have copied the contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Hotmail. That was straightforward. The problem lies with the fact that WLHotmail only outputs contacts as a .csv file. WLMessenger only imports contacts as a .ctt file. These files are not compatable. I downloaded both WLMessenger and WLHotmail only yesterday, so I assume they are up to date.

dogbreath1 17:57 20 Mar 08

If, contrary to what I believed, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail don't share an address book location, you can convert .csv to .ctt either online click here or using free progs such as click here
That should sort out your problem.

There are loads of options. See click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…