contacts location?

mad1234 16:45 04 Mar 08

i have recently gotten a new pc & i have used my old HD as an external drive.
i have succesfully moved my emails over to my new pc thanks to MAJ who was kind enough to help me but now i cant find where my contacts are stored. can anyone help?
i am running windows xp & the old pc ran windows xp too.

thanks

dth 17:04 04 Mar 08

if you are using outlook express do a search for:-

wab

you will need to set the search parameters to include system and hidden files

then copy this file to your new p/c desktop, right-click on the file - select properties and take the tick out of 'read only', then start outlook express mark the file as . start outlook express and clcik on the 'file' tab at the top / import / address book and point to the wab file on your desktop.

sorry if it sounds a bit fiddly but it is very straight forward. any problems please post back

mad1234 20:21 04 Mar 08

thanks dth
i'm no longer in front of that pc (it's at work) but i will try that first thing tomorrow & let you know how i get on.

do i have to keep the file on my desktop after i have imported it?

mad1234 09:11 05 Mar 08

worked a treat:0) THANKS!!

can i delete the file off my desktop now?

MAJ 09:19 05 Mar 08

Yes, mad1234, you can move it now that it has been imported, but don't delete it just yet, just incase you need it again, store it in your My Documents folder until you're sure you no longer need it.

mad1234 09:27 05 Mar 08

thanks MAJ
i'll do that

dth 09:55 05 Mar 08

well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…