Contacting Madrid

aitch2 12:48 27 Jul 08

My daughter will start her 3rd year languages placement in Madrid this September. Is 'Skype' better than 'Windows: live messenger' for keeping in touch? Any special requirements/ drawbacks other than the set-up, cams and phones required?
Thanks,
Aitch

Pamy 13:06 27 Jul 08

I use Skype, but why not have both and see which you prefer over a time?

ambra4 13:49 27 Jul 08

One of the main advantages of using Skype you can also use it to call mobile phones and landline

phones by just buying credits on Skype

Free Computer-to-Computer calls require that both parties is connected to the Internet at the same time

Computer to Mobile or land line phone only require the person calling to have Internet access

Call to a mobile or land line only cost to Spain-Madrid € 0.017 - € 0.020 or 0.02GBP per min

using Skype credit

Local, long distance and international calls at great low rates

Rates per minute for calls to phones and cell phones in all destinations.
click here

There is also a Skype Mobile Phone you no longer need a computer to make free calls on Skype.

Skype phone instead.

It’s a stylish mobile phone that calls, texts and takes pictures like you’d expect it to, you can call

and instant message your family and friends on Skype, free.

click here

cruiser2 16:39 27 Jul 08

I have the TalkTalk package which gives me free calls to landlines in Europe as well as the UK at ant time. Includes line rental and broadband for a fixed monthly fee

tigertop2 16:43 27 Jul 08

try 'OOvOO'. You can get up to 6 people online in a video call too.

aitch2 09:24 28 Jul 08

Many thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Enough ideas to make a choice.
Regards
Aitch

Technotiger 09:33 28 Jul 08

I regularly have video-chats with my son who lives in Lanzarote, we both use Skype with webcams/mics, I use XP my son uses a Mac. Pictures and audio are both excellent, like we were in the same room.

Technotiger 09:34 28 Jul 08

PS - I am in UK.

Stuartli 10:43 28 Jul 08

Unless you require the webcam facility available with Skype, I'd go with cruiser2's suggestion if possible.

I've been on the TalkTalk Anytime International package since April 2006 and it's virtually unbeatable for incredible value. See:

click here

You'll note that mobiles are also either free or at low rates (knowling youngsters these days!)

anchor 11:37 28 Jul 08

Just sign up to these; calls to land lines in Spain cost 1p/min; (mobiles 8p/min). No need to change your phone supplier or package.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…