Contact Moderator

Forum Editor 23:20 13 Jun 03

There's been a big increase in the number of emails we receive from people needing help who have obviousy clicked on the 'Contact Moderator' button in one of the threads.

Please note that this button is for use when you need to contact us to ask how to use the forum, or if you want to complain about something, or to point something out - we can't resolve individual computing problems on a one-to-one basis via email.

Gaz 25 23:25 13 Jun 03

Thanks, I knew that but I have seen people in the fourm telling others to contact you, my be you should put a message where you write the message to send to him.

Thanks, and have a good night,
Gareth

VoG® 23:26 13 Jun 03

click here why please?

Forum Editor 09:26 14 Jun 03

that we want to stop forum users from contacting us - we like hearing from you. The point of my post was to explain that we get a lot of mail from people who obviously intended their comments or questions to be read by the forum as a whole - in other words they clicked 'Contact moderator' in error.

When I can I usually reply to such messages explaining the system, but lately there have been far too many such emails, and I haven't always been able to respond.

Pesala 18:09 14 Jun 03

We don't accept bad language and any messages containing language likely to offend other visitors will be deleted. Statements relating to sexual orientation, race, religion or other factors having no relevance to the subject will be deleted, as will any posts deemed offensive, inappropriate or libellous.

click here

otubby1 Mon, 09.06.03 | 23:48

F.E. Sorry about the outburst but I have been privvy to one or two of Pesala's threads elsewhere, and he quite often gets into heated discussions with his, sometimes, bigotted ideals.

When I sent a message to otubby1 inviting him to point out where I made statements to justify this outburst, and asked him to identify himself, he responded with the following abusive and threatening email:

Public figure eh? Am I supposed to be impressed by that? I know that you
are a Buddhist, so what? As I mentioned in the thread, it is not just on the PCA forum that I have seen your rantings. From what I have seen elsewhere, your teachings don't make you any more popular!

As for appologising, I did that to the only person who is going to get one, and it aint you!
As I stated in the thread, if you don't like, and I quote you, 'This little English speaking backwater', bugger off! And I'm not just talking about the forum!

As for hiding behind my pseudonym? I don't hide behind anything or anybody, pick your spot and we can meet face to face to further our discussion.

See you

Tony

If I have any more threats from Tony, I shall inform the Police, not just the Forum Editor.

If Tony would like to engage in debate on those matters of ethics or religion, regarding which he considers my views to be bigotted, he only needs to visit those forums and make his point however he sees fit. Then people can judge for themselves which of us holds bigotted ideals.

Valvegrid 19:05 14 Jun 03

I was party to that thread as well, if you notice I chose to totally ignore the outburst, I find this was far better option than rising to the bait which usually ends up in making matters worst. You have got strong views on certian subjects, but so what? It all boils down to tolerance because we are not all the same, if we were life would be most boring :-)

Kind regads

Paul.

leo49 19:46 14 Jun 03

Don't be so precious and Get over it.

Pesala 20:03 14 Jun 03

It is good to overlook mistakes, but Tony is not admitting one; he is just fearful of being banned from this forum. My views may be strong, and they certainly won't be accepted by everyone, but anyone can know who I am, visit the discussion forums that I visit, and put their viewpoint. I don't use a pseudonym, and I stand by my views. If anyone has an opposing view they can state it equally forcefully, but to resort to personal abuse and threats is wrong.

If the Forum Editor overlooks such conduct on this forum, it will soon decline in popularity. He has been busy over the last few days, but that post should be deleted.

leo49 20:16 14 Jun 03

It already was deleted {I haven't even seen it]- you're the one going on about it.

Valvegrid 20:20 14 Jun 03

Have you revisited the thread? I think someone must be listening :-)

click here

Andybear 20:23 14 Jun 03

Pesala

If you want to discuss religion and ethics I suggest you find a web site devoted to this. At the end of the day we're just normal, every day people who come to this forum to discuss computer related topics. Now please, let us get on with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…