Contact Microsoft for XP CD Replacement

RobCharles1981 23:18 28 Dec 06

How do I contact Microsoft for this???

SANTOS7 23:31 28 Dec 06

click here
good luck...

SANTOS7 23:34 28 Dec 06

AH!! got orrible feeling thats a stateside no.

click here
might be a bit closer to home..

Taff™ 23:44 28 Dec 06

Why do you need a replacement CD? Which version of XP do you need? Have you run Belarc Advisor click here which will tell you the version of XP installed?

RobCharles1981 23:51 28 Dec 06

Thanks Santos ;-)

Taff - I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 Disk and its pritty scatched and marked my Drive will not read the disk whatsoever.

Right now I'm on XP Home OEM for tempary use untill my get my Comp into shape.

Taff™ 00:18 29 Dec 06

Why do you need the Pro Version? Home version will do most things unless you`re running a domain server for business use.

RobCharles1981 00:23 29 Dec 06

That I cannot explain - Basicaly I have used XP Pro for the last few years, A Few days ago Windows was not booting as in my threads in the past few days, something has caused the disk to not operate correctly, right now I'm using an OEM Home Edition its a nightmare trying to activate this software on my pc untill I can get myself sorted out with a replacement disk.

Taff™ 00:25 29 Dec 06

click here for the Microsoft KB article UK Based I think!

RobCharles1981 00:29 29 Dec 06

But the XP Professional is Retail!!!

Taff™ 00:30 29 Dec 06

Do you have the original XP Professional CD Key and if so is it an OEM version or a full retail version? (Please don`t post the key number!)

Strikes me you`re using a borrowed copy of XP Home OEM.

Strawballs 00:33 29 Dec 06

You can buy machines for polishing out scratches on CD's and DVD's that you could try first. I have one that is called Skip Doctor that I bought from ASDA a couple of years ago and have had quite a bit of success with.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant