Contact list or address book into android device

SparkyJack 08:39 AM 20 Sep 12
Answered

I have been searching to an APP to create/import an editied address book into my Android Tablet.

There is one that I found- and it detected few odd addresses which I do not use but are those that automatically put themselves into the address book, mand appears to have no 'Import' facility.

Of the Email I access via the tablet- only 3 of the dozen or so reveal themselves when selecting addresses.

So what I want to achieve an edited list to put into the built in Android , Ice Cream Sandwich E Mail Client.

Any thoughts please

Nontek 08:57 AM 20 Sep 12

If it is a Samsung Galaxy SIII the App to look for is Samsung Kies which once installed on PC, copying Contacts PC/Mobile is easy.

SparkyJack 09:32 AM 20 Sep 12

Thank you nontek

I wonder if this app is Android general or Galaxy specific?

As Android is 'open source' I understand there can be some dedicated apps

The only way is try it I guess.

Woolwell 10:01 AM 20 Sep 12
Answer

You probably have a Google account to which your Android device syncs. Export your address book as a cvs file and import into Google contacts and your device will have the contacts.

SparkyJack 18:36 PM 20 Sep 12

Thank you Woolwell Whilst on walk in the wogods with a natural history group I discussed the problem with another member whilst looking for autumn fungi to photo And he gave the same advice,vI have gmail account

SparkyJack 18:42 PM 20 Sep 12

To fnsh what was writing when lost thevlink This talkem throuit. He also mentioned the new FireFox for Android which looks good when the complex setting up is sorted

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites