Consumer Q: Defunct ISP charged me for nothing..

cutoutsoul 18:29 21 Dec 05

First of all, I'm sorry for the title; I'm terrible at summarising things.

Last year, in early December, I subscribed for a year's hosting from Fastband. Everything was fine to begin with, but, soon enough, it was impossible to communicate with them. In the middle of this year, their site disappeared, and Fastband seemed to have shuffled off their coil. So, this December, since I only subscribed for a year, and checked the contract for no automatic continuation, I thought that it would be a case of finding a new host.

However, on the 14th, I got a really nasty surprise: I was charged, by /Fastband/, for nothing. And I was charged much more than the prior year. So, I'm landed with a debit of more than £50, an amount that I can't afford to waste, and no host. Since Fastband is appearing defunct, is there any way that I can get my money back?

Forum Editor 18:46 21 Dec 05

and tell them what has happened.

gymmaniac 14:48 06 Feb 06

Hi,
You're not the only one being charged.

17th January (06) I got billed £45 for hosting.

I'd already changed host by December, costing me the £15 with nominet as it's impossible to get any contact with fastband.

Currently trying to get my friendly bank to get the money back for me.

I'd advice anyone else out there to get in touch with their bank to ban any direct debits by this company - it may save you some future trouble.

ade.h 14:58 06 Feb 06

Stopping DDs brings you trouble; it doesn't prevent it.

spuds 19:37 06 Feb 06

"impossible to communicate with them". By all accounts it would appear that Fastband Internet Ltd are still alive and kicking.

For further information contact Belfast Registry,Registrar of Companies,First Floor Waterfront Plaza,8 Laganbank Road, Belfast BT1 3BS (Tel: 0845 604 8888). Quote Company Registration N1045374.

bambino 17:10 24 Feb 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…