constantly having to repair internet explorer

haggis ok 15:25 27 Feb 04

I seem to constantly have to repair internet explorer,why does it keep breaking down,I usually have to delete cookies and temp internet files then use the repair tool,and even this isn't failsafe.In the temp internet folder I keep finding the file ~df48f.temp,sometimes it wont delete and says its in use, other times it deletes ok,but whenever its there it seems troubles not far away.Using win 98,1100mhz pc,any help much appreciated.

VoG II 18:34 27 Feb 04

Try a thorough clear-out click here

woodchip 18:36 27 Feb 04

That's why I started using Netscape again, miles better no more repairs

haggis ok 09:50 28 Feb 04

thanks vog will give that a try,woodchip I used netscape and found it slow,i prefer explorer

Indigo 1 10:29 28 Feb 04

I have just started using Firefox and find it twice as fast as IE6.

click here

haggis ok 15:28 01 Mar 04

I tried the program vog recommended,that seems fine but I still have the same problem, I ran the cleanup program,deleted temp internet files and cookies,and used the internet repair tool,dialed up and still got the page cannot be displayed message?Im useing the kerio firewall and antivir personal edition,sometimes everthings fine other times nothing seems to work,I can dial up and get the first few webpages i select and the for no apparent reason it gives up on me and I get the peskey cannot be displayed message,also sometimes the detect network settings is greyed out and does't work,this is one of thoughs arrrgh problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…