Constantly having to redial after being cut off

Eccentric 13:07 26 Mar 03

I am constantly being cut off if the computer appears to be inactive even whilst waiting for my home page to come up. This can be in less than five minutes after dialling in or whilst downloading. Is there some way in which I can get rid of the function which tells computer to cut off when screen inactive - it's driving me crazy

recap 14:13 26 Mar 03

Eccentric, click here and do a search for a utility like keep connected. This will then fool your ISP into thinking you are active.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 14:38 26 Mar 03

Open up your Internet on tools, then click on internet options, then go to connections...then click the settings button and then click on the advanced button.

You need to uncheck the two boxes in there

watchful 14:39 26 Mar 03

Try, under Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab/settings/advanced tab, making sure there is not a tick in the box that says disconnect if idle for....mins.

Lead 14:51 26 Mar 03

My cousins PC was doing a similar thing, even with the above settings. It was only fixed by the installation of a new modem :(

Hopefully you can sort yours without having to spend any money.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 15:05 26 Mar 03

I sent you an email eric, but it was blocked by a anti-spam programme....send me your email address please

SpyMan²°°­­³ 15:19 26 Mar 03

whoops...wrong post...SORRY!

watchful 21:33 26 Mar 03

See original thread: click here

watchful 21:35 26 Mar 03

Sorry! meant to say see latest thread.

Stuartli 22:46 26 Mar 03

I've posted in the original thread that the Advanced tab is only available if the connection is the default ISP.

Forum Editor 22:53 26 Mar 03

when there are two threads running on the same problem, so........

I'll close the other one - please use this one from now on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…