Constantly changing HomePage

Zvuqniki 20:55 21 Oct 03

I have a problem and it's driving me crazy!!! Everytime i restart my computer, or everytime i turn on my computer My home page is changed to: click here or something like that! I change my homepage everytime i turn on my computer. I even got IE Doctor, but...no luck :(

Please somebody help me !!! :'(

SGT BARNES 21:14 21 Oct 03

try this m8.

click here

wags 21:16 21 Oct 03

I may be wrong, but it could be caused by spyware
click here

donload, install and run adaware to see if that helps remove the offending spyware.

wags 21:17 21 Oct 03

sorry...looks like Sgt Barnes has pulled rank on me...:P

SGT BARNES 21:23 21 Oct 03

i'd still run the adaware aswell just to be on the safeside wags , consider yourself promoted to corporal

wags 21:27 21 Oct 03

Many thanks Sarg

expertec 10:00 22 Oct 03

Get Spybot from click here and Ad-Aware from click here download all updates for these programs and then scan your computer for spyware. When you've done that you might want to get Start Page Guard from click here

expertec 10:02 22 Oct 03

StartPage Guard (SPG) monitors the status of your web browser StartPage address and prevents it from being changed by any script or program. It also can be used to remove or change unwanted startpage address, even if the change-startpage-button has been disabled. The browser start page is sometimes changed by software installations or web page scripts without the users consent. While it is not a big deal to change it back, it can be an annoyance, especially since you didn t ask for it. StartPage Guard will prevent any of this and keep your start page settings the way you want it. Also provides an effective cure against more "persistant intruders" as well as an option to lock the SearchPage as well (as of v2.0).

Zvuqniki 12:14 22 Oct 03

I installed them, but they didn't find the irritating file! actually ad-aware stoped the homepage changing on every startup! But i wanted to get rid of the file!!!

wizkidwall_03 14:56 22 Oct 03

get a firewall i know the problem is internal but the firewall will also stop internet changes from inside the computer also

expertec 16:20 22 Oct 03

Sygate Personal Firewall is very good click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…