Constant Reboot Issue

FeeN 16:54 31 Jul 05

As soon as i launch a game my PC will reboot itself. When it has re-booted itself it will tell me that windows has suffered a critical error. I have all the latest drivers for all my components. I have also reformated my hard drive to clear it of any problems, but the same happens. The games i have been trying are Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft.
The system i use is :
AMD 64 3000
1024 DRAM
RADEON 9800 pro 256RAM

I would be gratful for any suggestions on what might be the problem]

howard60 17:10 31 Jul 05

if other progs work ok then it is a conflict between the games and the system. The clue may be in the 64 you may have to operate the games in compatability mode.

Rayuk 20:24 31 Jul 05

What power supply are you using?

woodchip 20:30 31 Jul 05

Try turning all other programs of with MSCONFIG.

Start\Run\MSCONFIG\Startup Tab remove ticks before running a Game. Do not go on the Net Without AntiVirus or Firewall enabled

FeeN 21:47 31 Jul 05

The power supply is ok (ive tried another power supply).
Ive been running these games for a long time and its only recently (friday 29th) that this problem has happend. Cant find any info on the game forums.

woodchip 21:51 31 Jul 05

TRy a Restore back to before that date

woodchip 21:51 31 Jul 05

TRy a Restore back to before that date

FeeN 22:27 31 Jul 05

tryed restore points. just tryed a demo of splinter cell 3 on 1200x1600 res with all the settings turned on full and it played perfectly. only thing i havnt done is update my graphic card drivers to the latest one. Could it be a driver problem with my ATI card? gonna try and updating my graphic card drivers and run splinter cell 3 again, see what happens

FeeN 22:37 31 Jul 05

Ok, installed the lastest ATI Catalyt driver and splinter cell 3 works fine. Dare i attempt to run world of warcarft (the thing that started all of this) ?

FeeN 14:45 01 Aug 05

Everything seems to be working fine now. Didnt do anything different from the last 3 times i had to format it. Strange.

Thanks for all the help. Much apprechated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…