constant re-booting

brian-1237524 15:40 13 Feb 08

I need a little bit of help please,
I installed coraldraw x4 last night onto my system (windows XP Home) and now my system will not stop re-booting .
I get to the dexktop screen showing all desktop items ,then the system just re-boots again and will not stop.
I dont want to format as there is realy inportant documents I need.
Can anyone help.

crosstrainer 16:37 13 Feb 08

PC in safe mode (tap the F8 key as the machine boots)

once booted into safe mode, remove Corel draw using add remove programs

Re-boot as normal.

mfletch 16:58 13 Feb 08

Or do a system restore in safe mode to a date before you installed coraldraw x4

mfletch

Graham. 17:23 13 Feb 08

Stop it restarting to find what the problem is:

Open System in Control Panel.
On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
Under System Failure, select the check boxes that correspond to the actions you want Windows to perform if a Stop error occurs:

Write an event to the system log specifies that event information will be recorded in the system log.

Send an administrative alert specifies that your system administrator will be notified.

Automatically reboot specifies that Windows will automatically restart your computer. UNTICK this one.

Graham. 17:25 13 Feb 08

If you then look in Event Viewer you can investigate further. You won't need to format.

brian-1237524 20:25 13 Feb 08

Many thanks for all your help.
I tried system restor , but it would not let me,so I installed a second hard drive,formated it to take windows xp home then set old hard drive to slave and then copied files over that way ..........seems to be working ok , just a pain re-installing programs that i need now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac