Constant FPS Issues on all games

EzPzJoystiq1 00:11 12 Dec 13

Hi there, long story short, for the last 2 - 3 months I have had severe FPS issues in all games I have played , I have updated my graphics card driver a multitude of times, about a week ago I even reset my PC to factory settings to see if this would help, but it hasn't and the problem only seems to be getting worse.( I have also done a few malware clean ups and nothing was found).

So I am guessing its something wrong in my PC, I am here to find out if I may have missed something or if anyone could point me towards what or where the issue may be spawning from, any help is greatly appreciated.

chub_tor 10:48 12 Dec 13

We will need a lot more from you if we are going to give you advice. Please let us know what motherboard, processor, RAM, Graphics card, you are using and what free HD space you have. The games and their versions that are a problem will also help.

EzPzJoystiq1 18:58 12 Dec 13

Sorry, I really should have added them in the original post.

CPU:AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU

HDD:Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache HDD)

HDD2:500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache Hard Drive

MOTHERBOARD:GigaByte GA-770T-USB3 AMD 770 Chipset Support DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-II, RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 4 PCIe X1, &2 PCI

POWERSUPPLY:850 Watts Power Supplies (CoolerMaster 850watt SILENT PRO Modular Gaming Power Suuply

VIDEO:ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card

OS:Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional (64-bit Edition)

I have currently got 828GB of space remaining, as i said, I completely reset to factory settings and have only installed things i really need to.

I am having FPS issues in all games I play from World of Warcraft (on lowest settings),Terraria, Rage, Borderlands 1 and 2, Project Zomboid,the list goes on, pretty much every game I have played in the last 2 months, I should point out that up until then all of these games (Except Project Zomboid) worked fine.

If i have left any info out that you need, please let me know.

mart7 19:15 12 Dec 13

How much ram? Are these games all played online?

EzPzJoystiq1 23:21 12 Dec 13

4GB of Ram, WoW is the only game that has to be played online

EzPzJoystiq1 23:23 12 Dec 13

although i do play all of the other games through Steam

mart7 15:18 13 Dec 13

Could be the internet connection,your pc spec looks ok

try playing an offline game and if it doesn't stutter it could be an internet bandwidth issue

EzPzJoystiq1 17:48 13 Dec 13

Yh my internet isnt the best but itd 100 % not my MS i can clearly see its my FPS

EzPzJoystiq1 07:55 14 Dec 13

Any Suggestions would be greatly received.

EzPzJoystiq1 07:59 14 Dec 13

Also regarding the internet connection, I haven't changed ISP and up until 2-3 months ago I got no FPS issues at all when play on or offline, that's why I am pretty certain its either my PC is broke or I have screwed up something on my PC.

chub_tor 15:52 14 Dec 13

I found this link when trying to find out if there was something in your BIOS settings or RAM that could be affecting your FPS. It shows some comparisons for different CPUs as well as making some general points. Worth a read, I will continue looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…