Constant error messages when playing CM4 in XPH.

HAYESBOY 07:14 25 Sep 03

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me.
I have just bought a new PC, spec;
XP Home, P4 2.66 Ghz, 512mb, ASUS P4TSE, G-Force FX5200 128mb card, 865pe chipset.
The problem is that i keep playing CM4 and it stops the game with an error report all the time in different places. I understand that it could be a driver that was not logo signed or a badly written driver causing the problem, but i have restored the computer to the moment i received it and only downloaded official drivers from the manufactures websites. I also tried a demo of Unreal Tornament 2003 and that wanted to submit a bug report.
Is there any way to check what driver is causing the problem? I have carried out a dxdiag test and have the report at home. Do i need to post it?
I also downloaded the latest patch from the developers and now it wont load the game with a message about "out of bounds access array".
All the basic windows functions work fine.
I hope someone can help as i am getting frustrated at not being able to play any games on the computer.

pinka 07:40 25 Sep 03

which drivers did you use , and are now using ?

HAYESBOY 08:01 25 Sep 03

I am sorry, i am at work and not at home.
What i did was to restore the computer system to the date i received it when the error messages kept appearing. I then proceeded to download the critical updates and one driver for NVidia graphic card from Windows update.
I also downloaded updates for Media, Outlook and directx 9.0b.
I also downloded from the NVidia website for the graphics card. I downloaded the drivers from the disc that was supplied for the Intel chipset.
Is there no way to root out the driver that is probably causing the problem? As i say i have run a direct x diagnostic report, but it is at home.
Any help is very much appriciated.

pinka 08:06 25 Sep 03

i doubt that its anything to do with the intel drivers . have you fully removed the drivers you installed ?

HAYESBOY 08:24 25 Sep 03

As i say, i tried to restore the computer to when i received it from the supplier, using the restore function. The burning nero 5 was still on their but i didnt go and individually remove drivers or restore the previous drivers as i am not sure how to do it.
Sorry not very technical when it comes to computers.
Do i need to post the directx diagnostic report that i generated. Would that help?

pinka 10:10 25 Sep 03

it wouldnt help me , but maybe others . when you get home , look in your c drive , and look for nvidia folder and check that you only have one set of drivers installed , if not delete the ones your not using . then test cm4 . if that doesnt work then goto control panel , administrative tools , computer management , system tools , device manager and click the + on display adaptors then uninstall the device but dont restart yet , now go back to your c drive and uninstall the left over nvidia drivers . you may want to save some other drivers before you do this to save messing about . dont go for the latest though look initially for whql certs .

HAYESBOY 10:47 25 Sep 03

I have this suggestion from the CM4 forum page on the sigames site;

Windows xp will automatically format hard drives in NFTS, CM4 appears not to like this format too much. Therefore i suggest creating a hard drive partition and formatting it with FAT32 instead of NTFS and install CM4 on this partition - then if you have enough hard drive space, set virtual cache file to about a gig which should improve performance a bit and hopefully it should resolve the encountered error problem.

Does this sound like a solution. I have no idea how to do it though.

Pinka - thanks very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…