Constant blue screens Windows 7 prem

Blhak 07:50 07 Feb 14

Okay. (See below for my PC build)

Basically, I built this from scratch. Installed all my drivers etc. Everything is working perfectly. I take out my wires to attach to my Harddrive (The 3TB one) (Only have enough wires to have my SSD in and either my cd drive or HD) install it, defrag/partition and what not. Firefox begins to crash after doing this. Then constant blue screens. I believe the error report was Kernal - Power 41.

After mass faffing about I finally got frustrated enough to reinstall everything. Everything is working perfectly up until the point I once Again reinstall harddrive. Format. I'm getting hte blue screens again. I've checked my drivers it's fine. My SSD is the one booting and I'm just running out of ideas on how the hell I'm to get this to work. It's so frustrating. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any help, if you need any more information I will try my best to provide it.

CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" SSD

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Power Supply Corsair 600W ATX12V Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

After lst night it worked all night. I even turned it off and left it for a bit to start it again to see. Ran a diagnostic on segate. Was fine. Was given some downloads to download the bsod but kind of hard when it just hits me out of nowhere/firefox just suddenly crashes before it hits (I've ran a memory check too, was fine) I don't think another system restart will help if i don't get to the bottom of the problem.

andy85 08:37 07 Feb 14

Hi Blhak,

I've had this problem many of times. I've found that just because the diagnostics for the memory and hard drive have come back ok, doesn't entirely mean they are.

Could your system be over heating? try re-seating the CPU - make sure there is enough thermal paste and the heat sink is seated properly.

Blhak 08:42 07 Feb 14

It's very cool. I will try reseating it after work but temps seem very okay. And i managed to play a game last night which was fine. Turned it off this morning and three bsod. Will report back.

andy85 08:46 07 Feb 14

RAM can be another major cause of BSOD too, how many RAM modules do you have? Could you remove all be 1?... See how it runs, then try another?

Blhak 08:49 07 Feb 14

Did a memory test. Came back fine. Going to pull the mobo out and do as you said. Hopefully can get some results.

Secret-Squirrel 08:58 07 Feb 14

Blhak, when Windows encounters a BSoD, important information is saved to a file, and when inspected, that information can sometimes pinpoint the exact cause of the blue screen. Try this:

Download and run BlueScreenView and the program should list all your BSODs in the top pane. Double-click on the most recent one to view the details in a separate window then copy and paste the following info here for us to look at:

Bug Check String

Caused by Driver

Do the same for at least three other recent ones.

Note that the ZIP versions of BlueScreenView don't require any installation so there's less chance of it triggering a BSoD on your PC.

Note too that for the best chance of success, boot into Safe Mode with Networking before you download and install BlueScreenView.

Blhak 09:05 07 Feb 14

Okay, will try that first. Tried get into safe mode networking this morning but froze. Which it hasn't done any other time. If it is a problem with the cpu/ram will this show it?

Secret-Squirrel 09:39 07 Feb 14

Yes, analysing the Windows crash-dump files can frequently diagnose problems with software, drivers, and hardware.

Blhak 09:43 07 Feb 14

Alright, thank you for your replies. I'll report back on my findings in a few hours after work.

Blhak 17:40 07 Feb 14

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

And

Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Is the top one in the list.

Blhak 17:59 07 Feb 14

Sorry you wanted

Second down is the same

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe

Third from the top is

PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA ntoskrnl.exe

And fourth from the original

PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA CLFS.SYS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009