Considering buying an FX-4100 Gaming PC! Need advice!

JoshuaLeivers 16:13 09 Aug 14

I wanted to buy an FX-4100 Gaming PC (Check this link: click here I wanted it for games like Rust, Arma 3 and Garry's Mod. I need to know whether it will work, what FPS will I get, will it lag and is it worth it? (If you know about it, I really need help!)

Ian in Northampton 16:52 09 Aug 14

The Radeon 6450 is far from a great graphics card. The rest of the system is OK. Somewhere on the web, you should be able to find the minimum and optimum PC specs for the games you want to play. If you look here, for example, it seems as if ARMA III isn't a particularly demanding game, and the machine you have in mind should give you a reasonable gaming experience.

JoshuaLeivers 16:54 09 Aug 14

Would I need to upgrade the graphics card?

Ian in Northampton 17:01 09 Aug 14

That would help. If you follow the link I gave, for example, it allows you to put in the specifics of your configuration to determine your likely gaming experience. It shows that your CPU and memory are fine, but the graphics card falls well short of the recommended requirement. You need to watch out though, if you upgrade the graphics card, that you don't overburden your power supply.

JoshuaLeivers 17:12 09 Aug 14

How much would it cost and (if you can find one) can you post a link on Amazon?

JoshuaLeivers 18:25 09 Aug 14

Can somebody post a link to a better but cheap graphics card?

Ian in Northampton 19:11 09 Aug 14

Do some research. It's mostly true that you get what you pay for - the more you spend, the better the card is likely to be. Better still: set a budget for yourself, and find out what you can afford. Then check the reviews and comparison sites. You'll have fun, and learn a lot. The card in the PC you referenced retails around £35 - so you'll almost certainly need to spend more to get something better. If you can afford a card with 2GB of DDR5 memory, rather than the DDR3 on the 6450, that will be a step in the right direction. Here's a starter for you: ARMA III recommends the Radeon HD4870. I don't think that's still current, but a secondhand one on eBay would cost you around £55.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…