connects to router but not the web

ashleycardwell94 17:57 PM 16 May 11

I have a windows 7 netbook. Sky broadband and a D-link DIR-301.

i disabled the wifi broadcasting on the sky router and connected the d-link router via Wifi. This works great to extend my range as i can now surf from around the house and most of the garden. An identical windows 7 netbook, a laptop and a desktop all connect wirelessly throughout the house with no problems via the Dlink router. Now my Windows 7 netbook refuses to connect to the internet via any of the routers. I have DHCP server set up correctly so i get all the ip addresses ok. I can access all computers on my network fine. The only way i can surf is via remote desktop to another computer.Anything to do with the web isnt working. Only internally. Any suggesitons?

ashleycardwell94 18:23 PM 16 May 11

Thanks When i pinged i get "request timed out" when i pinged It found the IP address but it still timed out. laptop ip-address netbook ip address: that is through a different router.

ashleycardwell94 18:32 PM 16 May 11

i changed the ip addres of the dlink router to match the sky bb router and everything workes fine. Thanks.

this just means that i can only access the web based config of the dlink router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11