connectpro

jimmer409? 19:30 14 Jul 03

i have a time computer with connectpro memory card reader, when i load and read my sony memory stick and than just unplug, and put back in the camera it says i need to format the stick and i loose everything that was on it. when i click on remove hardware in the system tray, and go through the steps everything seems okay, but this totally removes all the removable drive from my computer until i reboot, does anyone out there know the correct way to overcome this problem, looked for connectpro on the web to try to find instructions, but no good. thanks

y_not 19:41 14 Jul 03

click here

click here

Don't know if these links will help

jazzypop 19:44 14 Jul 03

If you double-click the 'Safely remove Hardware' icon in the System Tray, you should see a dialog box that allows you to select which drive(s) to disconnect.

Does this not appear for you?

jimmer409? 20:09 14 Jul 03

yes jazzypop, when i double-click and than click on usb devices i get a list of items to select, i will try this and let you know what happens.

jimmer409? 20:18 14 Jul 03

no ziggypop, tried that, memory stick reads on g drive, when i removed the stick as directed, it seemed to be okay when i put it back in the camera, but all the removable drives are now removed from my computer and are unusable.

jimmer409? 19:26 15 Jul 03

hello all, finally figured out the crack on the connect pro, there are 4 momery card slots, each one is assigned a drive alpha i.e. g,h,etc., they are all connected to the computer via a usb internal port. when you plug in your card, in my case memory stick, you need to find out which drive reads the card and than rename it, when you go to unplug the device, file up to the appropiate drive, right click and than left click on eject, it's that simple. hope this will help someone out there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…