connector adaptor device advice

SparkyJack 19:46 PM 08 Sep 11

I have several adaptors that connect IDE 3.5 and 2.5 and SATA to USB

I am looking for a similar adaptor that will connect 2.5 drive with the edge connector to USB or a gender changer to do the same.

I Google search has so far turned up what I already have.

To clarify the hardrive in question does not have the IDE pins or SATA slot it is an edge connector[male] to what is needed is female to USB or to IDE.

The usual sources seem only to have the IDE/SATA type to USB

Any ideas folks

Nontek 20:53 PM 08 Sep 11
  SparkyJack 10:36 AM 09 Sep 11

Th ank you nontek This appears to be a variation of what I have- a universal IDE[2siazes] and SATA to USB see [Amazon - Iomah adaptor]

The drive I wish to connect has no pins or sockets but an edge connector such as PCI cards or memory strips have.

onthelimit1 10:39 AM 09 Sep 11

Are you sure that isn't an adaptor in itself, just pushed onto the normal pins? I say this because I was confused by such a setup on an HP laptop drive - it just pulled off, then I could connect my normal USB/SATA adaptor.

SparkyJack 10:43 AM 09 Sep 11
  SparkyJack 17:39 PM 10 Sep 11

Solved One of the mane advice site suggested that the edge connector is a puch on fir onto a standard 2.5 IDE I gave it a go and it was so- simply pulls off and there we are- the pins

onthelimit1 18:12 PM 10 Sep 11

Like I said!

SparkyJack 10:26 AM 11 Sep 11

Yer right - I posted the above before I read the latest - as you said.

onthelimit1 11:08 AM 11 Sep 11

Glad it's sorted - had me confused for a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…