connectivity problem on slave drive

fsor 21:42 03 Feb 08

I have just installed xp pro onto a slave drive(no problem there)and would like to connect to the internet,but after loading bt disk ,the final stage was testing my internet connectivity,which came up as "not detected"bearing in mind its the same computer just a different drive.

drive 1 xp home ,internet fine
drive 2 xp pro internet not detected,help any one,can i transfer my inter setting over fron dr 1 to dr 2?

woodchip 21:45 03 Feb 08

Why cannot you just use the Network Connection wizard? rather than running the ISP CD. You only need your User and Password to set it up

fsor 21:47 03 Feb 08

how silly do i feel now,i never even give it a thought,thanks mate

fsor 10:13 04 Feb 08

sorry m8 that didnt work because the new connection wizard is for dial-up,its broadband i want

fsor 10:16 04 Feb 08

my question is not answered,because new connection wizard is for dail-up ,i dont want dailup its braodband i,m on

brundle 10:19 04 Feb 08

Select

Connect To The Internet
Set up my connection manually

Pick from the 2 broadband choices (always on, or username/password)

fsor 10:22 04 Feb 08

thank you i will try that

fsor 11:11 04 Feb 08

sorry for this,i kow i,m a pain ,but i have tryed all that has been sugguested but to no avail al i gat is the error 678.

I,ve tryed to install isp cd but it fails to pick up a signal,and yet its fine on my primary drive,i,m confussed,dont know what to do now

cream. 11:32 04 Feb 08

"Click on the Start Menu and then select Run. In the box which appears type the word command in order to open the command prompt and then click OK. In the black command prompt window, type netsh interface ip reset log.txt and click on Enter on your keyboard. Then type exit into the command prompt and then click on Enter on your keyboard. Now restart your computer and reconnect to the Internet."

fsor 13:07 04 Feb 08

thanks m8 tryed and failed,this issue is really confussing me,i thought that because the slave is on the same computer it would work fine.

.netsh interface ip reset log.txt and click on Enter on your keyboard. Then type exit into the command prompt and then click on Enter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…