Connections keeps searching for new IP address

wishtobwireless 17:48 03 Mar 07

My second lap top keeps losing the wireless connection. It seems to happen approx ten minutes after being connected. When I repair the connection the first time it works. Then after that say five minutes later it won't! It says that it is looking for a new IP address from repair then it cannot find it? I am using BT Voyager 2091 and Netgear although apparantly PC world set it up to use XP setting! Ugh sorry not sure what that means. Should all my setting be exactly the same as the first lap top? Or should they be different. I am frightened to change anything as at the moment as I say I can get it to work for 10 minutes!
Any help appreciated and thank you
PS Sorry tried this question in the beginners section earlier, hope its OK now to try here?

STREETWORK 17:56 03 Mar 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…