//some 3rd party need geo

Connections dropped

Meshuga 17:50 17 Jun 04

Is there any adjustment possible to vary the time before a connection is dropped or does the fact that it is happening mean that I have a fault.I have WIN XP and broadband and that works ok but I have set up a backup Dialup connection and thats when the problem occurs. I disconnect the adsl cable from the filter and connect the dialup cable before booting up. Any suggestions please.?

Curio 18:13 17 Jun 04

click here
You could try out this optimiser. Iused it to good effect with a similar problem. Have a read before you take the plunge

Fruit Bat 18:18 17 Jun 04

Network connections > properties > Options > idle time before hanging up set to never

/\0/\

Meshuga 18:57 17 Jun 04

Hi Fruit Bat.Many thanks for the suggestion. Will check it tomorrow as it`s on another PC. Will get back to you if any problem. Meantime thanks again. Meshuga.

Meshuga 19:00 17 Jun 04

Many thanks to you too Curio.Meshuga.

nyleridedog 21:09 17 Jun 04

if your brave try this

Change the value in :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

of autodisconnect from f (15) to ffffffff (4294967295) . Save Registry and restart PC.

or give this ago

Go to start > run and type the following and press return:

net config server /autodisconnect:-1 (This sets autodisconnect to 8,171 years

cheers

Meshuga 14:39 18 Jun 04

Hello Fruit Bat. Have checked and idle time is already set to Never.No luck with dialling though, will have to look further. Hello nyleridedog, thanks for your reply but I`m not that brave. Will try the last part of your suggestion though, but at the moment I cant enen dial out at all. Many thanks to all. Meshuga.

Jackcoms 14:45 18 Jun 04

"I disconnect the adsl cable from the filter and connect the dialup cable before booting up"

I assume that you connect the dial-up cable to the telephone end of the filter?

In fact, there's no need to disconnect the ADSL as a BB modem and dial-up modem will work at the same time if they are filtered correctly.

Meshuga 17:01 18 Jun 04

Yes Jackcoms I do as you suggested, in fact it is not possibe to connect the dialup cable wrongly as it will only go into the BT type socket on the filter. Thanks for your reply. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…