Connection of x-pro internal card reader.

alltime 09:32 24 Jul 05

Ive purchased an x-pro internal card reader which has 2 pairs of usb headers and 2 single ground wires. I particularly wanted this to fit in the internal 3.5 bay. BUT i do not have any headers on the mobo.
I have a belkin pci card with 4 external usb ports and i internel usb port, (thinking this reader would come with a plug to to connect straight into the internal usb port)
My question is if i used an old usb cable with a plug and split the wires, cut off the headers on the unit would it be ok to join the wires to the usb plug cable (as there is two pairs going into one or what? perhaps you pro,s can put me right on a way round this.

DieSse 10:54 24 Jul 05

If the card reader has two sets of wires and plugs, you cannot connect them together. Is the second set for a çuSB socket on the front of the card reader? - that would be quite common.

If you can find the wires just for the card slots, you can ignore the ones for the USB socket and just do the plug thing you suggest. Tricky soldering job tho'!

alltime 00:38 25 Jul 05

Many thanks for your response, Having spent a few hours online i have managed to come up with this site click here which will ge me out of a hole, and i hope it will be usefull to you for any further reference.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…