Connection was refused

Stan_385 20:52 20 Jan 04

Hi everyone

I have IE6 browser and was going to a regular forum, then all of a sudden I got “This page cannot be displayed” I know the forum is still working, because I keep getting my topic replied to. I have not changed any settings.

Then I tried Mozilla browser and got a box up with “The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.******* “ is it the same as “This page cannot be displayed” in IE6?

I have used Spybot & Adware both been updated, I have put the topic in hijack this, no replies yet.

Maybe one of you peeps have an idea?

Kitz E Kat 21:56 20 Jan 04

Yean the messsage pretty much means the same thing as far as i know, i use both myself...

Did you delete cookies? You could try to reset the security settings to default settings in IE, check you cookie setings,can you access the site from another computer, you could post the addie here and see if we can access it...

Stan_385 22:46 20 Jan 04

No, I do not delete any cookies for forum (I have got a cookie wall).

I reset security to default and just tried it no luck, I will try to borrow another PC at some time.

It would not be fair to this forum if I put the addie here; there are a few peeps here that go to the same forum that I’m talking about.

I was wondering if I got banned from it, because I opened a topic about galvanized iron & ****** (nothing rude), if any peeps know what I’m talking about, has it been deleted? At least I would know its not my PC.

Thanks.

woodchip 23:01 20 Jan 04

If you remove your Cookie wall you should get in

PurplePenny 23:05 20 Jan 04

"there are a few peeps here that go to the same forum"

Another forum frequented by several people from here has been posted on here before if that is any help.

Penny

Stan_385 23:25 20 Jan 04

woodchip, I have had the cookie wall all the time I've been going to the forum with np.

PurplePenny, Let's just say it's the same type of this forum (help PC forum).

Kitz E Kat 23:39 20 Jan 04

galvanized iron and ******, im intriuged!!!!!!

Gimme more, not that im nosy or anything :-)

I dunno, sometimes it happens on my browser, you click on a site and 'nothin', but it is normally a broken link or something like that , don't sound like that's the problem with you ...

Somebody got an idea?

Stan_385 00:05 21 Jan 04

lol calm down Kitz E Kat :-) nothing exciting, properly boring to you (no pun intended :-))
"galvanized iron and ******," was put in the off topic forum so it had nothing to do with IT, and I don't know if they thought it was libellous and decided to ban me, that way I cannot connect to them again.

I'm not careful I'll be banned from here;-)

Stan_385 16:55 21 Jan 04

I just got this below when I tried to get in again.
----------------------------------------------
Bad Gateway
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Apache/2.0.45 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.45 OpenSSL/0.9.6g Server at forums.*****.com Port 80
---------------------------------------------
Anyone got any ideas?

Kitz E Kat 13:15 22 Jan 04

Have you tried to mail the Admin at the site and see what they say?

Stan_385 14:35 22 Jan 04

Thanks for the help peeps, it seems the server was down for 48hrs, but a few peeps managed to get in occasionally.

Thanks, Stan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…