Connection speed on a network??

gippingman 20:03 18 Oct 06

I have Broadband with Talk Talk. Wired pc and two wireless laptops via linksys wag54gs - as I have previously mentioned on another thread, I now have the "two monitor icon" in the system tray indicating "LAN 100mbps" etc which I understand bears no reflection to the connection speed. I understand that this is a standard icon whilst using a network. However, on the two laptops in the "my network places" it says "internet" and "LAN connection" and 2 lots of the icon in the system tray, one showing the "100mbps" and one showing the "3.5mbps etc" speed. By having both connection icons on the laptops am I likley to cause any problems on the network, does one icon overide the other and why doesn't the wired pc also have the additonal "3.5mbps etc" icon - as i would prefer to know the connection speed if at all possible - any thoughts??

gippingman 18:37 19 Oct 06

Thanks - but I dont really understand! are you refering to "my network places" on my wired pc ? - if so are you saying that by selecting the option I will get the additonal connection icon (as the two laptops currently have) - the reason I ask is that I tried selecting that option and nothing has changed ! - I would still prefer the second non network connection icon if possible and it it won't cause any problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…