Connection Speed + Day/Date Help

Green 1 00:45 08 Oct 03

Please can any of you good lads and lassies tell me in not too techie words why when I hover the pointer over the clock it no longer tells me the date Etc and when I hover over the two tv`s it no longer tells me my connection speed, this has only just happened in the last few days, I haven`t put anything on my comp. I`m on win98,P3 450Mhz I don`t know if you need anything else. Many thanks for any replies I may receive. Brian.

Green 1 01:11 08 Oct 03

Bump.

Green 1 01:56 09 Oct 03

Bump Again

Djohn 02:37 09 Oct 03

I saw your post last night, but did not reply simply because I'm not sure of the answer. I had a search round the forum and the Microsoft knowledge base but still couldn't find any relevant information.

This is only a guess, but will do no harm if you try and meanwhile someone may have the correct answer. If you are using a CRT type monitor, right click on the desktop and choose properties, then the settings tab. Move the slider to the right one stage to increase your resolution, click on apply and OK. Then do the same again but take your resolution back to it's original setting.

Your display will now be back to the way you normally have it set. The brief change of resolution may just activate your Icons ability to display the information again. Regards. j.

vinnyo123 05:15 09 Oct 03

is it just the two icons or all ? just curious

vinnyo123 05:22 09 Oct 03

try this start>control panel>folder options>veiw (tab)>scroll down to- show pop-up discription and desktop items and make sure the box has a tic in it ....might work.

Djohn 14:05 09 Oct 03

Bump

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

woodchip 14:13 09 Oct 03

Put you Win98 disc in comp, hold shift to stop it loading when light stops flashing go to start/run type SFC press enter and run to check for corrupt files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…