connection speed

ole1999 17:05 24 Aug 06

Hello everyone

I am using a bt voyager 220v router for my internet connection, since i installed this it shows up 100.0Mbps ( which i assume is the router and not my download speed )in my task bar with the small icon.

With my previous modem it gave me my 2 Mbps download speed, i see no options at all to see my current speed, my friend has the exact same set up and he has 2 icons in his taskbar with the 100.0Mbps and his internet speed as well.

Would appreciate any help guys.

Thank you

VoG II 17:10 24 Aug 06
  smonoco 17:25 24 Aug 06

Another good one is click here

mammak 17:29 24 Aug 06

The second one VoG™ posted is really good.

ole1999 17:48 24 Aug 06

Thanks for the links guys, some really good ones, is their a way i can see my speed on my p.c like with my old connection, i have just upgraded to the 8mb package and it will takes a few weeks before my speed has finally settled, i was told i would get around 6mb, but the tests are only showing 4mb.

Thanks

Gongoozler 18:17 24 Aug 06

The speed as displayed on your PC is meaningless. The online tests are the only useful ones as they measure actual data sent and received. The speeds quoted by ISP's are maximum acheivable. The actual figures depend on a number of factors including the quality of the line and the number of other users on the line.

ole1999 19:59 24 Aug 06

ok guys, thanx for all your help, appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now