Connection Problems

Todd 562 16:50 23 Apr 07

Hello,I am using a Laptop that connects wirelessly to the internet via an Edimax modem/router.My isp is orange b/b who I have been with for about a year!
I had no problems at all with the b/b connection until around a month ago.
Then I began to lose the connection several times a day.Sometimes I would stay connected for several hours at a time.Then I noticed something strange!When my connection was lost,If I lifted the phone handset for a few seconds my b/b immediately reconnected.
B/t insisted that nothing was wrong with my line as I could still send and recieve calls.This continued for a week until one day the phone line went 'dead'.
B/t then said that the fault was at their exchange and after 2days the engineer called to tell me that he had fixed it.All went well for 3days until today when the problem reappeared.I have now left my phone handset hanging free for the past 3hrs and have not dropped the connection once!Obviously this is not satisfactory.
I previously tried..changing the dsl filter,connecting directly to the b/t master socket and connecting via the usb speedtouch modem.I have run out of ideas and unsure who is responsible for the line connection,either b/t or orange!I am a fairly new to the internet 'silver surfer' and would be grateful for all and any advice! Thanks...Todd 562

STREETWORK 21:26 23 Apr 07

Could be a problem with the master socket, but Call BT and ask them to check your line for faults. Ask them to increase the gain on the line and this may help as it looks like line interference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…