Connection problems

Daunted 07:25 04 Nov 06

Wonder if anyone can help me? Strange as it may seem i am unable to get online after 4.30 every afternoon. I have only just signed up for a 2MB Broadband package and i'm using my own pc and although i don't like to admit it have had my eighteenth birthday over 40 years ago. So parental rules would not apply. Shall have to contact my ISP if no one can help. Thanks all. Daunted

Technotiger 07:33 04 Nov 06

Hi, I don't know if there is any connection (no pun intended) but this does mention several times about 'peak time - 4.30pm to midnight'

click here

Technotiger 07:35 04 Nov 06

also - what are your settings in IE Tools>InternetOptions>Connections?

Daunted 08:48 04 Nov 06

Have checked my IE settings and this is what i've found.

Under 'Dialup and Virtual Private Network Settings' there was only one entry: Tiscali Broadband (Default).

Also, under 'Choose settings if you need to configure a proxy server for a connection' the option choosen was: Always dial up my default connection.

Finally, at the very bottom of the window is:
Current Tiscali Broadband.

Thanks for any and all help. Daunted

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:49 04 Nov 06

Download and run Dr TCP from click here
the page also shows you how to set up your connection speeds
Wrong settings maybe why you are dissconnected in peak times.

Technotiger 10:06 04 Nov 06

With broadband, the IE Connections settings should be "never dial a connection" rather than "Always dial up etc ...."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…