Connection Problems

shallo 09:50 06 May 05

I'm having problems with updating and downloading. Within the last week whenever I download via MSN messenger and Azureus (Bittorrent Client) I get a depressing maximum speed of 800b/s and when I try to update my Ad-Aware, Spybot, Java etc.. I get an error report telling me that they cannot connect.
I tried to do System Restore up to as far as February (when my PC was working prefectly fine) without any luck
I've got a BT 2.2Mbps connection. curently running Windows XP Home Edition, with SP2

All help much appriciated

Indigo 1 11:09 06 May 05

Try this click here

shallo 14:54 06 May 05

Hey, thanks for he link. I did as it said and used the 'Connection Optimization Wizard' It hasn't helped my problem though. when i tried to use the 'TCP Analyzer' I get the same problem, it tries to connect then it says that there's a socket error #1061 connection refused.

shallo 19:06 06 May 05

not sure if this makes a difference but its not the speed of my connection thats teh problem, websites load up within a second and i get an average or 200kbps when i download from a website. The problme is whne I use Azureus or when I try to update something, ...its almost like something stoping my connection from flowing freely ...

again, all help is appriciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…