Connection Problems

mulva42 18:20 25 Oct 03

Hi,
I am having a problem with my internet i log on as i have done with any other pc i have had,Then approx 15min later i try and go to another web page or say i'm downloading from the web it all stops and i get the (THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,CANNOT FIND SERVER OR DNS ERROR)the only way to get round this is to disconnect via the icon on task bar and then connect again,All settings i have checked and seem fine,I am rushing this before it hangs again.
Thanks

A_World_Maker 18:40 25 Oct 03

I am not totally sure, but have you tried cheking the cache size that IE stores it temporary files in, maybe make it around 25mb or more. Also check out your connection isn't 'time out' on you after a set time. Check your firewall isn't dropping or shutting the ports it opens for access. Hope that helps.

Regards, A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker 18:47 25 Oct 03

I have 2 computers in different rooms, one runs 2000pro and the other (with the Broadband connection) runs XP home.
Do I understand right, that I can use 2 Belkin Bluetooth USB adapters to connect them, rather than use cables, and they will function as a Wireless Network? Or have I missed the point completely?
I would still use the one computer (running the Broadband connection) as a gateway, as that isn't a problem, as it also supports the networking printer anyway.
My thinking is that for 2 x £33.90 inc VAT (£67.80) I can network these 2 computers, rather than splash out over £100 for a simple wireless network?
Regards, A_World_Maker

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…