Connection problem.

hunty86 20:20 22 Feb 07

i have just bought a new PC and i cannot connect to the internet i have broadband and I just keep getting page cannot be displayed, the internet options are set to 'automattically detect LAN settings. can anbody help?

Thanks!

Technotiger 20:29 22 Feb 07

Hi, LAN setting should be set as Auto etc as yours is. In Internet Options>Connections you should also have Never Dial a Connection 'bulleted'

Have you got adsl filters on all your telephone sockets?

Technotiger 20:34 22 Feb 07

Or it may be that your Security settings in Internet Options are set too high, this would stop pages opening.

Dipso 22:00 22 Feb 07

What hardware are you using to connect? Did you use it on another PC prior to this one?

hunty86 11:07 23 Feb 07

I have an existing PC and i new one which i am having the trouble with both connected to a cat5 hub. I have the hub connected to a single NTL broadband modem.

Cheers

hunty86 11:13 23 Feb 07

The PC says a network cable has been unplugged but when i plug it back in the warning dissapears, but i still cannot connect to the internet. I have installed the drivers for the ethernet connection but still nothing.

I am Spartacus 11:30 23 Feb 07

Is an IP Address shown in Network Connections? (Control Panel, Network Connections, double click on Local network Connection, then the Support tab).

birdface 14:54 23 Feb 07

Tools Internet Options,Programs,Make sure Internet Explorer is the default web browser.Make sure button is pressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…