Connection Problem

honeysuckle 16:13 25 Nov 04

Several days ago I opened an e-mail in error Realising this was stupid of me I immediately ran Spy-bot and Ad-Adware, Spy-bot brought up a worm called i think element or elegant I can't remember and said it had fixed the problem. Since then i have scanned my system with Norton and run Ad-Aware spy-bot and a squared on my PC all show there are no problems. However every time I start my pc it connects to the internet even though my settings say never dial a connection. If I leave it unplugged from the telephone line until it is up and running then it won't connect when I click on Alcatel. I get a message saying a device is connecting then connection failed. This does not happen if I plug in the connection before I start my PC. Could i have a trojan and how can i find it.

rawprawn 16:22 25 Nov 04

It could be hiding in system restore, you don't say what your OS is but turn system restore off, reboot and see if that fixes the problem.Don't forget to turn it back on.

rawprawn 16:24 25 Nov 04

Also have a look in msconfig and see if there is anything starting that shouldn't

curlylad 16:28 25 Nov 04

This should shift it click here

rawprawn 17:22 25 Nov 04

I'm not sure that is a good idea click here If you want a really successful one download a 30 day trial of Spy Sweeper from click here besides with Noadawre I think it finds problems but you have to buy it to fix them. Correct me if I am wrong.

curlylad 17:57 25 Nov 04

I am not so sure myself , I thought the 30 day trial would fix any problems it found as well !

rawprawn 18:20 25 Nov 04

Let's wait and see what honeysuckle says, if she's not too busy in "Foyles War" No offence just one of my inept jokes.

honeysuckle 00:07 26 Nov 04

thanks for the help I restored my system to a previous point and this appears to have solved the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…