connection to printer

capnsofa 11:28 27 Sep 04

I operate Windows 98 system and, because of various problems, have just run the Restore Pack.
Everything has gone well, except I now find that I cannot print anything as I keep getting a message that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. I have checked the connections and worked through the 'Troubleshooting' section, but without success, although I confess to being a little confused re the ports (fairly new user!!)
Any suggestions would be very welcome.

jack 12:12 27 Sep 04

Questions Questions

Q1 What version Win 98? is it SE?

Q2 What connexion is the printer parallel[ large plugs] or USB [small plugs]

Q3. what make of printer ?

Lets take it from there

AndySD 12:12 27 Sep 04

You may need to reinstall the printer drivers. Look for a cd that has them or tell us the printer name and model and we can look for them for you.

Mr A! 12:41 27 Sep 04

the printer cables (printer to computer). They could be damaged inside via lots of bending or something sitting onit and cutting it (sharp object). Only read the section below that applies to you (which connection your using:

PARALLEL
Have you got the LPT ports configured on your computer? It could be that these are not installed/configured proparly.

USB
Are you connecting via a USB hub/USB card? If so are the relevant drivers installed. Right-click My Computer, Properties. If there is a yellow question mark/exclamation mark then there is something wrong.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…