Connection with one computer but not the other

ClairG 21:02 13 Jun 06

I have been trying to set up a wireless network in my house with Telewest using a Belkin router. My housemate's computer is the one connected to the router via the cable and she can't connect to the internet, but my computer which is using the wireless connection connects fine.

Before, she was connected to the net straight from the modem and all worked fine.

I have been to the Belkin setup page using her computer and followed all instructions on the screen on the wizard but when it gets to the final page, I click on 'connect' but nothing happens, the status in the top right hand corner stays as 'No connection'. It IS connected though, packets have been both sent and recieved but she cannot access any web pages.

My computer however, has no problems at all, I searched for available networks, it was there and I connected with no problems.

Any help would be appreciated!

ade.h 22:04 13 Jun 06

Tell her to set up her firewall properly.

mgmcc 22:22 13 Jun 06

<<< I have been to the Belkin setup page using her computer and followed all instructions on the screen on the wizard but when it gets to the final page, I click on 'connect' but nothing happens, the status in the top right hand corner stays as 'No connection' >>>

With the three routers that I have set up to connect with Telewest (one was a Belkin), I have never yet succeeded in completing the part of the wizard where it checks the internet connection. They all fail, but are nevertheless connecting properly.

Can you get your housemate to open a Command Prompt window ("Start > Run", type CMD and click OK). At the prompt type:

IPCONFIG /ALL

and press Enter. Post back with the details shown for the "Local Area Connection", which is the network adapter connected to the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…