Connection to Norton Live Update

bob 13:51 28 Jan 03

Having upgraded to NTL`s Broadband I cannot connect to Nortons Live update. Whenever I try I get the message `Live update was unable to make a connection. Check your internet connection and try again`. When using dial-up I had no problem.
My sons connection is ok as we share a connection via a router.
Is there any way I can get my connection back?

pj123 14:14 28 Jan 03

I also have just got NTL BB. I have no problem updating to Norton Live Update before so I will try an update on BB and see what I get. will get back to you soon.

MartinT-B 14:40 28 Jan 03

Go to live update

Click on configure - just below the scrolling window and above the help button

In the new window, click in the ISP tab

Make sure you're using the new connection and not the old one - you MIGHT need to add it.

Let us know if that works.

Martin

pj123 15:14 28 Jan 03

Now getting back to you.

Log on to BB and then minimise it. now double click Norton Utilities Integrator and then click on Live Update. worked perfect for me.

hgrock 16:09 28 Jan 03

you never said if you got it working, would be nice for someone else who had the same problem, tick resolved

MartinT-B 16:19 28 Jan 03

Phew!

Bob only posted 2½ hours ago - maybe he has a life outside PCs. Give him a chance!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…