//some 3rd party need geo

Connection dropping out

bamfiesler 20:51 28 May 03

For the last month or so, my Net connection is getting bounced at regular intervals. It always goes about five mins in as I check mail in OE, and several times if I am composing. I used to get the full two hour stint on Dial-Up before this would happen; now it's becoming annoying.

Before I noise up the ISP, is there anything that could be causing this, or is the ISP just nicking back bandwidth, or whatever? The 'disconnect if idle' feature is unchecked. I am running XP Pro.

Thanx

Rtus 21:16 28 May 03

you may find its the ISP servers too crowded..Contention ratio I believe its called..,But you not on your own.. I spoke to my ISP on this very subject yesterday.And it has been over the last month,its been fraught with problems.They aparantly hire equipment from BT and its Bt who service the system ..I wont give my thoughts on that though ..

bamfiesler 21:28 28 May 03

Thanx, Rtus.

Conspiracy theory pal reckons it's a ploy to get the dial-up fellas to go B'band, but I'm interested to find that good ole BT may be involved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…