Connection to Broadband in Wingerworth

Amyfa 17:01 06 Nov 05

I have been trying to get broadband in Wingerworth in Derbyshire, the exchange is in Chesterfield so I know we are a few miles away. The post code checker said it was ok I might not beable to get 2 meg but I should get 1 meg. I would be happy with just half a meg. We have been coneccted for 2 weeks now but still can't get ADSL working. Some one from bt has been to my house and said its the line length and they need to drop it from 2 meg down to 1 meg. Now they are saying I might not beable to get broadband. I would really like to know if anyone here lives in Wingerworth and has a broadband connection, so I can get back to bt and say others have it. The house is just off Wingerworth village on the other side of Derby road the A61. It would really be helpful to know if others have it.

Diodorus Siculus 17:19 06 Nov 05

Wingerworth Parish Council - Broadband
Wingerworth Parish Council - Broadband
click here

Diodorus Siculus 17:19 06 Nov 05

Wingerworth Parish Council Search
click here

Amyfa 17:22 06 Nov 05

I found that site but it dont really tell me what I want to know. I need to know if anyone on my side of the A61 has broadband. I am not there at the moment so can't just knock on doors and ask, and bt are phoning me on Tuesday

Graham ® 17:48 06 Nov 05

The Chesterfield exchange is on Saltergate. I make it 3.2 miles to your pad. Shouldn't be a problem to get broadband.

Graham ® 17:50 06 Nov 05

You could always ask at BT Pensions, you can't be far from them!

Amyfa 17:51 06 Nov 05

They have been trying for 2 weeks now but still can't get a connection. I have even had a bt man round once.

Amyfa 20:54 06 Nov 05

Bump

Graham ® 09:25 07 Nov 05

Can you confirm you installed the software before connecting the modem to a USB port?

Does the Power light on the modem come on?

Do either of the other lights flash/come on?

Can you remove the bottom half of the Master phone socket and connect the modem to that?

DJH584 10:04 07 Nov 05

Amyfa

I appreciate that you have looked at the Wingerworth Parish Council site BUT did you see this thread on it click here ?

Amyfa 10:57 07 Nov 05

Graham ®
Yes I installed the software first and I get lights on the modem but the dsl one is flashing The bt man cound not get it to connect with his box of tricks, from in the house or from the box along the road.
I know I wont beable to get a 2 meg connection there but half would be enough, I would like to know if anyone here has broadband near where the house is so I can tell bt that others have it here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…