Connection of 2 computers

FinsGrandad 22:41 22 Nov 09

I have a Toshiba NB100 which has no attached cd-rom drive and it is playing up, so what i would like to do is connect my main pc to this one in order to install a recovery disc. The reason why i would like to do this is as follows:

As i said before the NB 100 has nothing but USB connections and no cd-rom drive, this is the way it is sold, it does come with a CD recovery disc, which funnily enough makes no sense to me because if this was your only means of computing then how are you going to recover the notebook.

I have tried to do what the instructions tell me to do and that is copy the cd to a flash drive, insert it in to one of the usb slots, switch of the notebook, turn it back on whilst pressing the F12 key and it will take you to the set up and recovery areas, well unfortunately this does not happen. so this is the reason i would like to know if it is feasable to connect the 2 of them together so that i can attempt to work on it that way. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:49 22 Nov 09

You need to make the USB drive bootable before copying the recovery files to it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…