Connecting wirelessly through laptop

jenjen2020 20:52 29 Aug 06

Hi, I've recently got a D-link router and managed to get the pc working wirelessly with a usb adaptor that came included. I'm now trying to get my laptop on the wireless network but without much success. It says a cable is unplugged and has LAN network with a big cross through it. My laptop is wireless enabled so I thought it would pick up the router's signal automatically. I have tried the method suggested in the manual which is going into the options and choosing to obtain the IP address and the DNS server address automatically, but these were already checked and it didn't make any difference. Any help appreciated, thanks!!!

ade.h 21:03 29 Aug 06

click here and scroll down. The advice in my final paragraph is generic for anyone with a wireless adapter that is being managed by Windows XP's WZC. If your USB adapter is not, you may like to click here and scroll down.

Strawballs 23:06 29 Aug 06

Make sure your wireless is on (mine has a button above the keyboard) look in the manual in the bottom right where the clock is there should be an icon that looks like a monitor with 3 curved lines getting bigger, right click on it and choose "view availiable wireless networks" choose yours add your keyword and away you go.

jenjen2020 21:11 30 Aug 06

Thank you both!! I'm now connected wirelessly to the internet as I type!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…