Connecting wireless router to ADSL/USB modem

emily_coops 20:02 19 Jul 08

Hi. I recently purchased a TP-Link (TL-WR641G) wireless router but can't get it to work with my existing modem (a Speedtouch 330). I'm with Wanadoo broadband. Wondering if anyone can help? I'm totally confused, even after studying the instruction manual. Thanks a lot, Emily.

ambra4 01:48 20 Jul 08

The Speedtouch 330 is a USB modem for a Single computer to be connected to your ISP to allow access to the Internet

You cannot use a USB modem with a router; you need to get a modem with an Ethernet ports to connect the router

D-Link ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem

click here

Or a combine modem wireless router

3Com Office Connect Wireless 54Mbps ADSL2/2+ Modem Firewall Router

click here

If you purchase the D-Link ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem you will have to set it up first to connect to your ISP to allow you access to the Internet

Once you can access and browse the Internet disconnect the cable from the PC LAN card and connect to the TP-Link (TL-WR641G) wireless router wan port, using a second Ethernet cable connect the PC LAN card to port 1 on the router.

You now have to access the router and set it up to allow you access to the modem and the Internet

Read the manual on how to access and set-up the router

If you purchase the combine modem wireless router you just remove the Speedtouch 330 USB modem and connect the phone line to the RJ11 connector on the unit.

Connect an Ethernet cable from port 1 to the LAN card port on the PC

You now have to access the router and set it up to allow you access to your ISP and the Internet

Read the manual on how to access and set-up the router

If you are not sure if the setting on you PC is set correct check this posting

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…