connecting to a wireless router

Murr 13:08 28 Feb 08

Have a Buffalo Airstation G54 router and have a hard wire connection to modem and comp. Comp did not have ethernet connection so bought a Belkin F5D5005 v2000 Gigabit Desktop PCI Card. I have internet connection but my daughters laptop cannot see connection. Also when I check ipconfig/release I get no IP address or subnet mask figures and I get a warning that I have little or no connectivity. When I repair it the connection is fine. This happens every time I try ipconfig/release. Can anyone help please.

MAJ 14:06 28 Feb 08

On your daughter's laptop, go to Control Panel > Network connections. Right-click on the Wireless connection's icon and choose Properties. On the General tab, make sure her wireless adapter is chosen in the "Connect using" section. Scroll down the list and click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and then click the Properties button. On the General tab in there, make sure that both the:
"Obtain an IP address automatically" and the "Obtain DNS server address automatically" options are ticked. Click OK and OK again to exit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…