Connecting to Wireless Network Reboots Laptop

BlackButterfly73 23:50 06 Aug 08

Having been using my Sony Vaio laptop to connect to the internet using a wireless connection for over a year.

Today the laptop started to display the blue screen of death and then quickly reboot whenever I switch on the Wireless LAN.

Event Viewer shows:

Source: Save Dump
Event: 1001
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
0x1000000a (0xff1501f0 0x00000002 0x00000000
0x804d9864). A dump was saved in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080608-15.dmp

Laptop running Windows XP SP2
ISP - BT Broadband

How do I fix? What does the dump file contain?

brundle 00:27 07 Aug 08

Check for and download the latest wireless drivers, remove current driver and (re)install.

BlackButterfly73 19:32 07 Aug 08

Thanks Brundle, I uninstalled the current driver, re-installed the updated driver, but the problem still occurs.

Decided to do a system recovery as I have backed up all my files.

BlackButterfly73 22:00 07 Aug 08

Can't believe it but after doing a System Recovery, I still had the same problem.

Decided to go through the process again and get the latest drivers from the Intel website. This time I ignored the message and link advising that you should download the latest driver from your PC/Laptop manufacturers website.

Used the driver directly on the Intel website and voilà, everything is working fine, no more blue screen of death and no reboots. Connecting to the internet wirelessly again.

Thanks again brundle - I wouldn't have thought about updating the drivers!

isrjs 09:16 17 Feb 09

My friend experienced the same issue with his VAIO laptop.

He still had the problem after I restored the laptop with the factory discs.
That was after he attempted it, and left the VAIO unusable.

I figured out that the continuous rebooting only occurred when the laptop was able to connect to a wireless access point.

Thanks to this a Google search, I found this posting by BlackButterfly73, and was able to apply this solution to our problem.

In our case we were able to use the latest drivers (2006) from the Sony VAIO website.
They fixed the problem & kept my friend from throwing the VAIO out a window.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this resolution.

Sony VAIO laptop reboot BSOD wireless network windows XP SP3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…